The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is a non-profit, non-advocacy organization with 50 full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees and nearly 400 volunteers. Our mission is to protect, restore, and enhance the natural resources of nearly 50,000 acres of protected open space on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks in perpetuity, and to provide diverse opportunities for compatible public enjoyment through scientific, recreational, and educational initiatives and programs. We fundamentally believe that awareness and appreciation by the public, through making personal connections to the land, is essential to transforming the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks into an internationally acclaimed treasure of preserved open space and recreational enjoyment.
The Conservancy is now accepting applications for a Staff Accountant to be a part of a mission-based land management and stewardship organization. The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting in the overall fiscal control of the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, auditing, receipts, disbursements, land management and mitigation contract billing, fixed asset management, and contract and proposal budget preparation and revision. The position also provides guidance to other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and making recommendations on operational issues and processes and procedures related to accounting.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Education - Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting plus 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Familiar with a wide variety of accounting principles, including GAAP, and understanding of fund accounting, practices, and regulations. Experience with non-profit accounting desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with accounting system Financial Edge a plus.
- Teamwork - Highly collaborative and team oriented. Takes pride in group accomplishments.
- Organization –Strong organizational skills and exceptional accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task. Ability to independently manage and execute a wide variety of accounting and finance tasks.
- Communication Skills – Demonstrates sensitivity and discretion in handling confidential information. Has strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated diplomacy, tact, and poise.
- Adaptability – Highly adaptable and flexible; ability to adjust strategy and tactics in dynamic work environment.
- Problem Solving – Resolve routine accounting problems with minimal direction.
Salary: D.O.E. FLSA Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Benefits: The Conservancy offers industry-leading benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; medical, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account (HSA) with employer contribution; life and short- and long-term disability insurance; optional 401K plan with company match, optional flexible spending account (FSA), optional dependent care spending plan, and optional long term care insurance with employer contribution. For more details, click here.
How to Apply: Visit irconservancy.applicantpro.com to submit your resume and cover letter or fax to (714)731-7104.
The Irvine Ranch Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For complete job description, click here.