Like many of you, we at the Irvine Ranch Conservancy have much to be thankful for this holiday season, especially our partners. Without OC Parks, the City of Irvine, and the City of Newport Beach, we wouldn’t be able to go outside with you and enjoy the natural wonders of our local wildlands. We are so thankful that their partnerships allows us to do the important work of restoring and protecting the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks, and we are thankful for the community (that means you!) that we have all created together in that pursuit.
Together with OC Parks, City of Irvine and the City of Newport Beach, the Irvine Ranch Conservancy has been able to:
- Put on thousands of free public activities every year
- Work on hundreds of acres of active habitat restoration on the Landmarks
- Fund the critical Fire Watch program to help prevent wildfires and protect local wildlands from their devastating effects
- Help fund the Native Seed Farm and support nurseries at Quail Hill and Augustine staging areas, which support restoration efforts and educate the public
- Engage in an extensive research and monitoring program to better understand how our wildlands function and adapt to land management practices
- Train and engage a dedicated group of volunteers who assist with leading community programs and stewardship activities
Without our landowning partners and their partnerships, we wouldn’t be able to enjoy the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks, and for that, we are eternally grateful!
This Thanksgiving, we hope you have the opportunity to spend time with loved ones! Enjoy outdoor activities with friends and family on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks during Thanksgiving and join us in thanking our landowners. For more information about activities on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks and our partners visit LetsGoOutside.org.