Longer days and milder weather are an invitation to get outside in the evening, perhaps to take in a spring sunset. From easy family walks to challenging fitness hikes,www.LetsGoOutside.org is your source for a variety of convenient evening programs in the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks.
Free evening programs this week include fitness hikes in OC Parks’ Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve on the paved Hicks Haul Road. These hikes are offered on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, with the Thursday hike at a slower pace, perfect for beginners. A Friday evening hike will also be available this Friday in the same area along Hicks Haul Road. Sunset yoga and a full moon hike are both on Wednesday at Bommer Canyon in the City of Irvine.
- After Work Fitness Hike on Paved Hicks Haul Road on Wednesday, May 14 at 6 pm
- Slow-Paced Fitness Hike on Paved Hicks Haul Road on Thursday, May 15 at 6 pm
- Night Sky Hike on Hicks Haul Road on Friday, May 16 at 7:30 pm
- Sunset Yoga in Bommer Canyon on Wednesday, May 14 at 6 pm
- Full Moon Hike – Bommer Canyon on Wednesday, May 14 at 7:30 pm
The weekend also brings evening programs perfect for families. Crystal Cove State Park has a Twilight Hike on Saturday. In Round Canyon, families can watch for red-tailed hawks and mule deer on easy evening hikes available on Saturday and Sunday.
- Family Hike – Round Canyon on Saturday, May 17 at 5 pm
- Round Canyon Evening Hike on Sunday, May 18 at 7 pm
Fitness hikes, family activities and more are offered year-round. Most programs are free and participants can find more information and register online by visiting www.LetsGoOutside.org. For events that require pre-registration, participants must register by 4 pm the day before the event.